Koni FSD Sport Dampers - BMW MINI
Koni introduces the first no-compromise shock absorber in the world. In other words: a complete turn around in road-holding. Until recently you only had a choice between shock absorbers that were either more firm or more comfortable. Cars with firm suspension do have better road-holding but there is a trade-off in the level of comfort. Cars with soft suspension are more comfortable but have disadvantages in terms of optimum road-holding.
Koni FSD: Frequency Selective Damping. A revolutionary new technique whereby the benefits of both types of ride are combined in one perfect shock absorber. Banishing the disadvantages of the past.
FSD shock absorbers: a smart suspension system adjusting automatically to road conditions as well as driving style.
- Ends the compromise between comfort and handling.
- Can be integrated in conventional damper layouts.
- No need for sensors, cables, or other electronic devices.
- Creates an additional variable in fine-tuning the car’s behaviour.
- Quick and easy to develop for existing suspensions.
- Damper cost efficient.
- Can be used with existing springs or aftermarket ones up to a drop of 30mm.